Above you can see our setups from the recent 1:10th Euros. For all the PR Racing advice we have come up with, check here.
I have found that the o-rings are quite sticky and tight, so I decided to only use one instead of two. I replaced the other one with one of those shims with a lip on it. This made the shocks nice and free. Apparently PR have/are working on some different o-rings for smoother action.
Today I also drew the car in CAD and figured out a setup to run. I will write more about that tomorrow. It’s late. We only left the track just before midnight.
Apparently I got a carpet version of the car :-). Anyway I had all the parts needed for dirt it seems, the centre diff being one of them. Today I completely removed the upper decks. The car is quite stiff stock. Tomorrow I will still experiment with the side braces, I only removed some screws out of them today, but the car is still so stiff, that I think I will remove them altogether tomorrow and see how it goes.
I have been running 3 hole 1.6mm pistons, with 450/350 oils, but tomorrow I will try 2×1.6/2×1.7 pistons which a lot of people seem to be running in other cars.
Still, so far so good! I haven’t broken anything so far. I bent a rotor though, after hitting a curb and coming to a dead stop at the end of the straight. Crazy shit!
The 4wd was a pleasant surprise. I tried J Smoker’s car at OCRC in January and it was really good, so I was pretty confident I would be able to get the 4wd car good. (and that’s truthfully the only thing I care about) BUT, I have to say I was surprised at how good it was already the first day. Out of the box it wasn’t really on point on a loose dirt track, so looks like I will be recommending some setup adjustments for the box setup for loose tracks :-). After a few changes it was pretty good, and then after installing the centre diff it was awesome. I’m happy with it already after just one day. It’s a shame we don’t have any high grip tracks to try it on. I wonder how the Euros track will be…